If you are getting retired and want to notify your employer about the same you should be writing a retirement letter. To write your own retirement letter you can take reference from the samples provided by us. It is always advisable to Retirement Letter notify the employer in advance about your retirement so that the position you are leaving vacant can be filled.
Sample Retirement Letter
Tips to remember while notifying the management
- The letter should be in accordance with the companies retirement policies and procedures
- The letter should be given at such a time which ensures that the management has enough time to find a replacement for you.
- You can also offer to provide training to the replacement.
- Always be gracious and polite to the management of the company
Sample Retirement Letter For Teachers
- When you write your retirement letter you should always give a specific date of when you will be retiring, no vague terms should be used.
- Along with giving a written notice you should also discuss the retirement face to face with your management.
- Who can also suggest a replacement and offer your services for the same after your retirement to show gratitude towards the company
- Send to the letter to the human resources first to avoid any kind of obstacles and also receive various benefits in your transition to retirement.
- Provide your latest contact information to your boss so that he can contact in any kind of emergency.
Sample Retirement Letter For Government Employee
Below we provide you with the format of the letter that you should use while writing your retirement letter
Your City, State, PIN Code
Your Phone Number
Your Email Address
Sample Retirement Letter For Police Officers
City, State, pip Code
Dear Mr. /Ms. Last Name of the employer;
In the first paragraph you should briefly outline the purpose of the letter and try not to divulge into details. Also mention the date you will be retiring on.
In this section of the paragraph you thank your employer and the company for giving you various opportunities in the course of your employment
Final Paragraph of the letter
In the last paragraph you offer your services to the company during transition.
Sample Retirement Letter for Nurses
Sample of the letter
This the sample of a retirement letter that you can take reference from.
Your City, State, pin Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, pin Code
Sample Retirement Letter From Employer To Employee
I am writing this letter to announce my formal retirement from baker’s oven as the head baker, effective as of march 15, 2018.
I would like to thank you for all the great opportunities that you and this company has Retirement Letter given me. I have really enjoyed working and learning in this company. I had the opportunity to work with the best management and colleagues.
Please let me know if I can be of any help during this transition period.